58 replies to this topic

#1 Eastville1966

Eastville1966
  • Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationHighbridge, Somerset

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Very interesting discussions.. http://robinsnestfor...php?f=2&t=12001

FFSC MEMBER - GASHEAD SINCE 1966 - ST HOLDER - DAD OF YOUNG GASHEAD.

From Biggs to Beardsley.....seen 'em all.

#2 MalmersGas

MalmersGas
  • Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

Very!! Lets hope that lightning does strike twice then!

#3 bluebluemoon

bluebluemoon
  • Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationBS15

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Sleeping giant...I think their getting us mixed up with another team from around these parts.

#4 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hate Cheltenham fans, they're a lot like Yeovil fans, very few of them, half of them give it the big one during matches then keep their heads down after the game. Never have seen them as a rival, never will, however have some of the most annoying fans I've ever seen.

Massively over achieving the last few years, they belong in the conference and will be there once a few of their better players such as Pack have moved on.

#5 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hate Cheltenham fans, they're a lot like Yeovil fans, very few of them, half of them give it the big one during matches then keep their heads down after the game. Never have seen them as a rival, never will, however have some of the most annoying fans I've ever seen.

Massively over achieving the last few years, they belong in the conference and will be there once a few of their better players such as Pack have moved on.

Cheltenham Town and Yeovil Town run on little debt, achieve relatively far larger crowds than us (based on population) and are regularly more successful than us. Their fans "give it the big one" or support as others might call it. Both will be fine and good luck to them both - neither are local derby opponents though. There's only one of those and we haven't played them in the league for 11 years.

#6 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Never said they didn't run successfully did I, in fact the two clubs respectively are probably among the best run in the football league.

#7 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Never said they didn't run successfully did I, in fact the two clubs respectively are probably among the best run in the football league.

Which is why I was confused by your "massively over achieving" and "belong in the Conference" remarks. What makes you think we have any divine right to be more successful than Yeovil or Cheltenham?

Agreed Yeovil aren't a rival as they're a division above us..again.

#8 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

They are both massively over achieving for their club size, transfer budget and resources.

Compared to us, we have more supporters, we have a much bigger budget, and have the capability to have better resources if the club was run in a more professional manner.

#9 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

They are both massively over achieving for their club size, transfer budget and resources.

Compared to us, we have more supporters, we have a much bigger budget, and have the capability to have better resources if the club was run in a more professional manner.

You'll have the forum dibble on your case for suggesting that BRFC aren't run well.

#10 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

BRFC sitting bottom of the football league just shows that we aren't being run very well, and that alone should be enough of a reason to suggest we aren't being run very well.

We operate like a non league club, no one can deny that, and over the last few seasons we have been starting to perform like one on the pitch as a result of that. Constant selling of best players and not reinvesting that money back into the squad is obviously going to take its tole on the quality of the squad. Singing on journeymen on high wages, and underachieving accumulates in a higher output that what we have coming in, causing the debts we currently have.

#11 A41-A34-M4-M32-B4469

A41-A34-M4-M32-B4469
  • Members
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Taking La Tiss is correct in what he says but why read what a Village Side fans think anyway?!, why read it?!

I can't see the point of interest what they think, it's like wanting to know what an ex girlfriends new boyfriend thinks of you who is 5ft 2 and from Japan, I just wouldn't give a shat!!!!!!!.

It annoys me are playing Village Sides like this,'I'd rather know Nick Higgs's view on this than their fans view. We are like Southampton fans to them when we go to St Mary's and look at the Southampton fans and if I was a Saints fan I wouldn't be slightly bothered at all on what a small club like ours fans think!!!!.

The fact is under Holloway we never played sides like Cheltenham, Bistol Rovers at a minimum are a Div2 side, history shows this but this board have taken us to the depths of Div2 twice now I'm the last centuries.

We are Bristol Rovers, not being arrogant but the only thing I want to know of Cheltenham towns think is what they think of our loan signings we have given them like Shaq Hunter, under Ollie that's what he used to do with the likes of Yeovil.

#12 gashead79

gashead79
  • Members
  • 7,689 posts
  • LocationKingswood

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Taking La Tiss is correct in what he says but why read what a Village Side fans think anyway?!, why read it?!

I can't see the point of interest what they think, it's like wanting to know what an ex girlfriends new boyfriend thinks of you who is 5ft 2 and from Japan, I just wouldn't give a shat!!!!!!!.

It annoys me are playing Village Sides like this,'I'd rather know Nick Higgs's view on this than their fans view. We are like Southampton fans to them when we go to St Mary's and look at the Southampton fans and if I was a Saints fan I wouldn't be slightly bothered at all on what a small club like ours fans think!!!!.

The fact is under Holloway we never played sides like Cheltenham, Bistol Rovers at a minimum are a Div2 side, history shows this but this board have taken us to the depths of Div2 twice now I'm the last centuries.

We are Bristol Rovers, not being arrogant but the only thing I want to know of Cheltenham towns think is what they think of our loan signings we have given them like Shaq Hunter, under Ollie that's what he used to do with the likes of Yeovil.

:clap:

Just £10 to join the Fans Forum Sponsors Club - PayPal your membership money to: jonthestripe@googlemail.com

You don't need to register on the forum to join The FFSC. You can donate with an alias or your real name.

Help us to sponsor and support the future of Bristol Rovers Football Club. UTG !!

#13 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hic.

#14 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Exactly roadman, but some people are happy to just sit down and accept the fact we are bottom of the football league and getting turned over by very small sides week in week out.

#15 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Exactly roadman, but some people are happy to just sit down and accept the fact we are bottom of the football league and getting turned over by very small sides week in week out.

Really? Doubtful anybody who supports BRFC is happy being bottom of the league.

#16 batman

batman
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well whenever someone like me complains about how we are being run as a club, people like you jump on the bandwagon and start having ago!

#17 Woodseats Wurzel

Woodseats Wurzel
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well whenever someone like me complains about how we are being run as a club, people like you jump on the bandwagon and start having ago!

"People like me"? If and only if you have the attention span of a creature larger than a goldfish, please read back and even search other threads and tell me where I've had a go at you for suggesting the club is bady run.

Good luck with that, but at least it should keep you occupied.

#18 the strangler

the strangler
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

"People like me"? If and only if you have the attention span of a creature larger than a goldfish, please read back and even search other threads and tell me where I've had a go at you for suggesting the club is bady run.

Good luck with that, but at least it should keep you occupied.

Happy new year Grant

#19 chriscross

chriscross
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

I think you have misinterpreted the difference in performance of the two teams.

You are incorrect when you say Cheltenham have over achieved. What you should be saying is that Rovers are massively UNDER ACHIEVING.

At the beginning of last season the target at Cheltenham was to reach the play-offs. ACHIEVED.

At the beginning of this season the target was automatic promotion. WORK IN PROGRESS.

What must be more than disappointing is the fact that Cheltenham are achieving with the likes of Duffy, Zebs and Elliot who were presumably seen as not being good enough for the Mighty Gas by the procession of previous managers.

As for Pack. Unused sub in the 4-0 win on Boxing Day.

As I live in Stroud, would you like directions to FGR for next season?

#20 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers
  • Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

What must be more than disappointing is the fact that Cheltenham are achieving with the likes of Duffy, Zebs and Elliot who were presumably seen as not being good enough for the Mighty Gas by the procession of previous managers.

They weren't  good enough when we were in Div 1 and they won't be for you if you ever go up and intend staying in div 1?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users